Saturday 28 April 2012

Dating a bald man


There's one thing about baldness, it's neat". Don Herold

Although I can't speak for all women, I can unequivocally state that I find bald men very attractive. Chronologically, I am past middle age, although inside, I'm young at heart. Most of the men in my age group are naturally bald. It looks fine, it's quite acceptable.

In fact, when I see a man over fifty with a full head of hair, it's a definite red flag. Either he's wearing a toupee, which signifies a vain personality, or he's been blessed by inheriting a anti-baldness gene from his ancestors. Because of this happy circumstance, he's likely convinced himself that he's the handsomest fellow in the group, and that all the women in the room are most anxious to make his acquaintance.

After all, what's the use of being devastatingly attractive to the opposite sex, if you can't enjoy your popularity? Ladies, believe me, you don't need the aggravation this character will give you, especially during or after middle age!

A vain man around retirement age can be a headache to any woman unfortunate enough to be married to him. Now, he'll have lots of time to spend on hobbies, such as improving his appearance even more. Have you checked the price of good toupees lately? Out of sight!

Not only that, but he'll be anxious to buy high quality leisure wear to complement his fine head of hair, in his new more carefree and relaxed lifestyle.

With all the new clothes, he won't be anxious to stay home. You'll be off on a mad whirl of social activities. Unless you're a kindred spirit who enjoys the social merry-go-round too, in a month or so, you'll be wishing you could go back to work to get a rest.

However, if you're like me, and looked forward to retirement as a time to lounge around in your scrubbies, read, write, sleep in, and play with the grand kids, what you need is a nice, comfortable, bald mate. I hope you had the foresight to look ahead, during your courting days..

Actually, I can understand that younger women might not be anxious to date a man who is prematurely bald. This condition is due to inherited genetic factors, and the man has no more control over it than he has over his eye color. There are treatments available for baldness, but they are likely to be expensive, painful, and of dubious effectiveness.

I would only advise young ladies in this situation to look beneath the surface. See the personality of the man underneath. Is he loving, gentle, and kind? Is he intelligent with a good sense of humor? Will he be a good father? These are the qualities that last. These are the attributes that will make you happy throughout your working life, into retirement and beyond. If you're smart you'll grab him before someone else does.

After reading this piece, you'll probably guess that my husband is bald. He is. I was one of the lucky ones. I tell him that he is so intelligent, that all the grey matter pushed those hair follicles right out of his head. As I stated before, I find bald men very attractive.

"Bald as the bare mountain tops are bald, with a baldness full of grandeur." Matthew Arnold



No comments:

Post a Comment